Hi, I'm Candida Moreira, I’ve been a trauma therapist for thirteen years, and have lived-experience with Borderline Personality Disorder. I help people learn to manage intensely painful and overwhelming emotions. You might be feeling hopeless, and like nothing makes sense, or you may have done some research, and be wondering about borderline personality disorder, being an empath, or a highly sensitive person. If you’re looking for clarity around how you experience emotions, I’d love to be your guide.
Tell me if any of these sound familiar:
- I sometimes hate myself, and wish I was dead. I even think things would be easier for everyone else.
- I feel like no one understands how much I hurt. People are always saying I’m overreacting.
- My feelings make me feel out of control. They’re intense, come out of nowhere, and at times hurt physically, and overwhelm me.
- I feel like I can sense other people’s emotions, and am really good at supporting their needs and feelings.
- I often feel worthless and ashamed.
- I often feel like people should be more aware of how I am feeling, that it’s obvious even, and get angry when they don’t understand my experience.
- I hate rules that don’t make sense to me; especially if I can see a different way to accomplish the same thing.
- I become attached to people/places/things very quickly.
- It scares me when I don’t know what someone is thinking/feeling, and I worry they will stop liking me or leave me.
If these are feelings your familiar with, I can probably help